Friday 4 October 2013

Home Tour - Bedroom

Chest of drawers on left: Glastonbury Reclamation Yard. Chest of drawers on right: Charity shop. Shelving unit & baskets: Ikea


Bedframe: Homebase. Curtains: Dunelm Mill. Bedside chest: antique, from Notting Hill market. Bedside cabinet: antique, from a house clearance in Cornwall. Carved hands on wall: market in Morocco. Klimt canvas: Dunelm Mill


I know bedrooms are usually where people really go in for matching fabrics & patterns, but I'm not a 'matching' person, so while mine has a lot of florals going on, none of them match.

When I first bought my house this room was painted bright orange. As in 'you've been tangoed' orange - the least restful colour ever! It took several coats of white paint to cover that monstrosity! I then painted the accent wall in my favourite colour green, the paint came from the Crown 'Fashion for Walls' range.
Watercolour: Steve Broadway. Coatpegs used as jewellery storage: Ikea. Lamp: TKMaxx. Ceramic orchid plate: Dartington Cider Press Centre 



The wallpaper was a later addition again. I love the 'boudoir' look of the bedrooms in National Trust houses, particularly Castle Drogo, so I knew I wanted to add a floral paper to the room, and I looked for ages for one with birds on it as well. This wallpaper came from B&Q, and I love it so much I have it up in the hallway too.
Lamp from B&Q. Book from The Shire!

Lamp: Ikea. Love canvas: Dunelm Mill. Flower lights: Covent Garden market. Knitted rabbit hot beanie bag: present. Antique embroidered cloth: Glastonbury Reclamation Yard

Jewellery case: Matalan. Green ceramic ornaments: handmade by Jennie Scott. Vintage handbag: Glastonbury Vintage shop. Pink artwork by Josie!

Most of the furniture in the room is second hand. Because I wanted dark wooden furniture it was easy to find second hand pieces as it's not 'fashionable' at the moment - all the better for my wallet! The bedframe was new from Homebase, and the slim shelving unit came from Ikea. Everything else was secondhand from charity shops, reclamation yards and ebay.
Blue bedding: Asda. Throw pillows: Dunelm Mill.

The bedding in the photos came from Asda (yes, really!) in the sale, but as I have an obsession with pretty bedding it changes frequently! And despite what Ash thinks, you can never have too many pretty scatter cushions!
these are all either photos we've taken ourselves or cards that Ash has given me over the years that I've framed up

Marilyn mirror: antique, present from Mum. 'Comic' print: picked up in a market in France. Shells print: Tavistock market

Typewriter picture: Ikea. St Ives watercolour: Steve Broadway

Shoes print: Hannah Broadway. Nude ink drawing: by me. Signed Simon Drewe print: Dartington Cider Press Centre

I like grouping pictures together as I have done in this room as I think it makes a great focal point. A lot of these pieces are original artworks I have collected - I've listed the artists under the photos.

Hopefully you like the vintage look of my bedroom, perhaps it's given you some inspiration - lets face it, as the weather keeps chuking rain at us all, bed is the only sensible place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment