Saturday 8 February 2014

Building a Fabric Stash




I have a lot of fabric squirrelled away in my house. Some would say too much. (They are of course wrong!) I like knowing that if I decide to start a sewing project there & then I will have fabric to use. If a friend's birthday suddenly sneaks up on me I can make them something pretty without having to drive to the nearest craft shop. 
Patchwork bag I made for Ash's niece Isabella using scraps left over from my patchwork quilt

I keep my fabric by the metre stored in baskets in the sideboard in the sunroom/ sewing room. I used to keep all the scrappy offcuts in small baskets, but my stash was growing too much. So I decided to use this lovely vintage suitcase to store all the off cuts and odds & ends I've built up over the years. 

I keep all the small bits lefts over from my sewing projects. I also keep old clothes that have ripped or no longer fit, as long as it's a fabric I like. I also have friends who donate things to me - old curtains, bed sets, clothing. All of these things get a second lease of life in my fabric stash. 

Now that I've started quilting this stash is really going to come into it's own!

No comments:

Post a Comment