Friday 25 April 2014

Recovered Cushions



When I was little we had these big floor cushions in the house that my Mum got from Habitat in the 1970s. When I moved out she gave them to me and I've moved them with me to each house I've lived in. Recently I finally admitted they were on their last legs - both had rips in them & the stuffing coming out, repaired with gaffer tape!

I recovered both cushions with a gorgeous dark blue fabric printed with bugs that I got in Ikea. Once I'd covered them the rest of the cushions in that corner looked scruffy, so of course I had to recover them too! 

The last cushion I made a patchwork cover for and embroidered it with boats, reflecting the fact that both Ash & I are kelpie children from a seaside town. Once of the boats has an A for Ash, one has a B for Becky and one is HMS Bubbs for Bronwyn - cheesy but cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment