Friday 16 May 2014

Remixed Flying Geese - Quilt in Progress

The finished quilt top

I'm still working on my 'remixed flying geece' quilt. It's huge! I'm making the Queen size version, in the hope that Ash & Bronwyn won't be able to steal all the quilt that way! Unfortunately the quilt is now so big that I don't have room in my house to lay it out to pin! I took it into school so I could use the huge tables in Textiles. One of my lovely pupils Ellie helped me pin it all out & it took the two of us an hour to do!

I've finished the quilt top - phew! - and have sandwiched it together with the wadding & backing. I've used Ikea fabric for the backing, white with grey writing, which worked out at the very reasonable price of £12 for the whole back. 

My job now is to quilt through the whole lot, which is taking AGES! I'm using free motion embroidery in a random scribble pattern in order to contrast with the straight lines of all those triangles. 


Photos of the finished quilt will go up once I'm done - currently I still have a third of the quilting to do and a very sore pair of arms from pulling all that fabric around!

No comments:

Post a Comment