Monday 20 May 2013

Busy Sewing Bee!


Padded laptop sleeve


1950s original pattern dress


Peter Pan blouse
 Since finishing my sewing room I've spent many hours in there like a sewing hermit, making pretty things!

The laptop sleeve was made out of neccessity - I don't want it getting damaged on my frequent trips down to Plymouth. I used scraps of fabric I had saved and an old duvet inner (partially destroyed by Bronwyn!) makes up the padding.

The checked dress is made from an original 1950s sewing pattern I got on ebay, and the fabric was kindly given to me by a friend. I love it, it's perfect for work, and I can layer up a jumper underneath when it's cold or a shirt when it's warmer. I feel very 'Peggy from Mad Men' in it!

The Peter Pan blouse is from a modern Simplicity pattern. The fabric was from the Shepton Craft Fair a year ago - I'd been hanging on to it, not knowing what to make, and just occasionally stroking it because it feels so soft....!

No comments:

Post a Comment