Sunday 13 January 2013

Film Inspiration


I am a total movie obsessive. Sad but true! Of course as a vintage girl I love all the classics - Breakfast at Tiffany's, Casablanca, The Red Shoes.... But I also get great vintage clothing inspiration from modern films. These are some of my favourites - mainly for the clothing!

Atonement - Obviously the green evening dress is the famous outfit from this film. But I love all the clothes - even if I do wish Keira Knightly had a more womanly figure to put in them! I love this era of fashion, and spend the duration of the film sighing with outfit envy. The book is wonderful too, as is the soundtrack album.

Mona Lisa Smile - This film is a bit cheesy, but a bit of cheddar never hurt anyone eh?! I love the beautiful full skirts, cute little cardigans, and Julia Roberts's bohemian look. 

Cracks - A bit of an odd film, but one that I love without quite knowing why! Has a real feeling of menace throughout. And the clothes... sigh! Oh to look as good as Eva Green in everything!
The Edge of Love - Ok, it has some pretty dodgy accents in it! And again Keira Knightly needs a sandwich.... but I have a girl crush on Sienna Miller here! And the clothes are fab - makes me want to run around wearing floral skirts, jumpers & wellies - and why not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment