Monday 8 October 2012

Bath Vintage Fashion Fair







Green Park station is always a nice place to walk through, with its huge industrial roof and quirky little antiques and coffee shops. However, most people tend to do just that – only walk through it on their way to and from other areas of Bath. On Sunday the old station was transformed into a vintage haven, with loads of stalls, bunting everywhere and even an old van done up as a mobile coffee stall. A suitable 1950s attired DJ was playing old tunes on a proper record player and makeup artists and hairdressers were performing gorgeous makeovers, which I was so tempted to volunteer for, but was nervous of doing so as I was on my own! Big baby!

There was a fab selection of vintage wares on offer: clothing, jewellery, records, home-wares, fabrics, buttons, shoes… You name it! While some of the stall were a bit pricey I was please to find that a lot of the sellers had priced their items very reasonable – something which can be very rare when you shop in Bath!

I was very happy just strolling around, soaking up the atmosphere, checking out everyone else’s vintage fashion and snapping away on my camera. I feel I was very controlled with my purchasing, coming home with only three items – a new blog will follow with pics of my pretty purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment