Tuesday 16 October 2012

Comic Book Capers!



These are my boyfriend's pyjama bottoms I made him after months & months of not-so-subtle hints from him! He said he wanted some pyjama style bottoms that he wouldn't be embarressed to lounge around the house in, and he'd picked out several Manga style fabrics and comic book prints. Unfortunately, Marvel printed fabric is pretty pricey per meter to buy, so this is the main reason I put off making them for so long. 

However, ebay once again came to the rescue! I found a kids duvet cover set with this fab Marvel print on it which, even though it was brand new, was still loads cheaper than buying the fabric alone. Plus I got loads of fabric once I'd cut up the duvet cover and the pillowcases were in a contrasting fabric - two prints for the price of one! Now I use this money saving idea all the time and regularly bid on duvet sets, particularly kids ones, as you usually get a really cute fabric, and lots of it, really cheap. Next, I plan to make some pyjamas for myself from a lovely pink ballerina print duvet I bought for £2 - bargain!
With some of the remaining fabric I made this bag for my friend Bekah. Just because she's that fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment