Thursday 11 October 2012

Dyrham Park


I took these photos at the beautiful Dyrham Park just outside Bath. This 17th century National Trust house is set in a sweeping deer park (hence the name!) with stunning views across open countryside and over Bath. It's the perfect place for a walk and a picnic, as well as having gardens, a farm and a church to explore. And that's all before you get to the house!

The skull carving is hidden away behind some pews in the church. I've never seen a detail as gothic as this inside a church before, and I absolutely love it! I just had to photograph it in dramatic black and white!




The carts are in the old farm area. I love the rubbed off painted details, the one brightly coloured decorations now faded with time. They are just beautiful examples of our history and well worth the climb up the hill to find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment